This isn't state censorship, is it?

The BBC have requested that Youtube take down two pro-independence websites - and they have done it.

Maybe they've asked for more pro-independence channels to be taken down. Maybe they've asked for loads of non-independence Youtube channels to be taken down.

Maybe I'm paranoid - me and the other (roughly) 48% of the population of Scotland who are in favour of independence.

Who knows what the complaints are against either of the channels I know about - or anyone else - since no one has any information about what's going on? Is it to do with copyright, as the manager of one channel supposes? Who can tell?

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that we (the taxpayers) actually own the BBC and have little choice but to pay for its services, even if we don't want - or like - them. You can end up with a criminal record if you fail to pay the BBC licence fee and if you want to know the BBC's place in the UK establishment for me that says it all. I would give you figures showing how much Scottish taxpayers give to the BBC every year in licence fees and what we get back in air time, but sadly every Google search I've tried this morning takes me to a BBC news website telling me how much more income tax people pay in Scotland thanks to the Scottish Government.

The BBC is a huge organisation with a lot of money behind it. Just look at the bourach it made of the Cliff Richard business - £1,111,376 in legal fees alone. And they're still fighting.

I will admit I'd never heard of one of the two Youtube channels that have been taken down. I know the man who runs the other one. I don't like the guy. In fact, I think he's a supercilious, misogynistic smartarse. Anti-Gaelic too - and that really rips my knitting. There are a few of these guys around right now. Note: they are always men - abrasive and sometimes downright nasty in ways that women are still not allowed to be. They won't survive independence - any more than the SNP will in its current form - but they are useful for now because they say the things most of us can't or don't dare come out with.

So what happens next? Since 35 of 37 newspapers printed in Scotland are anti-independence, there's little hope of support from that direction. So it's back to social media. We can only get our views out on Facebook and twitter. Keep going, folks - nobody said it was going to be easy.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for having me

Long Covid

Boogaloo