How do I begin?

This is going to be a rant.

For me, the worst part of Brexit is it's b$ggering up my writing style. Every piece I want to blog starts the same way:

What the f$ck! 

We're in the hands of a bunch of thick, lying Tory b$st$rds and there doesn't seem right now to be any way to get away from them.

If Brexit has done nothing else, it has reduced my opinion of the British electorate. Not the Scottish electorate, note: those of us in Scotland had a real ding-dong in 214 but we learned a lot, whatever way we voted in the Scottish independence referendum, and we're not likely to crawl back into our wee corner and keep quiet. As we used to say as weans: Make me!

It doesn't matter to me that Treeza jets up to Bridge of Weir (very handy for Glasgow International Airport, so she can jet right back out again for her next engagement). It doesn't matter that the bampot owner of INEOS is threatening to leave Scotland. Go for it, big man - we've sussed it: you need us more than we need you. Same for the Aberdeen guy - Wood? - who sold us a pack of lies in 2014. And we are not surprised by the whatzit of the Bank of England - manager? director? whatever - telling us how awful it will be if the UK crashes out of the EU. Who tellt him that? Treeza?

It's sh$te. All of it. Who knows why Treeza is so keen to get the voters onside. Is this a nod to democracy? Listening to the people?  If so, why now?

Have you no realised, Treeza, nothing on this earth will put you and me on the same page? You are rich. So is your man. Maybe he subsidises your political work. I can guess why. If that's true, you're a total sad case, the like of which I haven't come across for about 30 years.

But here's the good news. You're doomed, Treeza. Whatever happens, you're not going to make any progress in Scotland. The Scots are quite easygoing but we react badly when we come face to face with someone like you.

It's also quite sad you are so lacking in political sense that you have allowed your political advisors to mislead you. If you want to keep the Union intact, this is not how to do it.

As I said at the start: What the f$ck! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for having me

Long Covid

Boogaloo