It's back!

This is a temporary place for my health blog, now that Wordpress no longer works with Facebook. If you don't want to know, feel free to move away!


It's a scunner right enough.

I had about 10 weeks when I felt really well and was able to get out and about. You know: do things like a normal person does. Then three weeks ago, I got a 'bug', a virus - ach, who knows what it was? I had a high temperature, followed by shivering with the cold, runny nose, a cough. The gut was acting up too for a few days.

Most of the symptoms have gone now but I'm still pretty wiped out. Can't abide noise, have no concentration (so no TV and reading at a snail's pace), either sleeping for 14 hours at a time or not sleeping at all (like now). Sore joints. Not hungry.

The practice nurse is thrilled: 'Another 4kgs off!' she crows. 'But,' I say, 'that's because I'm no well, CarolAnn!' As long as I'm hitting one of her targets, she's not complaining - and at least she's not offering me an exercise class, which I suspect would be the end of me right now.

I'm lucky to have such an understanding flatmate: if I'm in my bed, so is Missy, fast asleep on my legs. If I get up and sit at the computer, she's right here to keep me company.
IMG_3885.jpg

For a short time in the autumn I toyed with the idea of giving up my membership of the ME Society. But I think that decision might be premature...

So in the coming week, I'm seeing some of the family and going to Elder Park library for what the Librarian calls a 'Knitting Tea'. I haven't knitted for about 30 years, so this could be the start of something big. At least I'll get a coffee and a mince pie out of it - and the chance to meet some nice people. Other than that, I will be here, as will Missy, gathering my strength for wrapping Christmas presents.

Here's hoping all of you are okay, despite the gales and the freezing cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for having me

Long Covid

Boogaloo