Bye Bye Ukie!

I watched quite a bit of the action* in Westminster on Monday and I have now lost track of what it is we're all meant to be part of:

The British State
The Union (scuse me while I spit)
The United Kingdom (ditto)
The Country (whatever country that might be).

*And dear gawd, this must be the only time I've ever written the word action in relation to the Mother of Parliaments.

My last view on Facebook before Missy the cat and I fell asleep on the settee was of the massed ranks of SNP members singing Scots Wha Hae. They either knew the words or (I suspect) were reading them off their phones - and they were being conducted from the front by one of their number.


That scene was still not as farcical as the other stuff that had been going on all day. If there are leading players in this farce, it has to be the Tories. Does anyone else get the urge to round them all up, bundle them into a small windowless room and slap them silly while shouting: What the actual f*ck are you thinking of?

And why does Boris Johnson not understand that shouting 'big girl's blouse' at the leader of Her Majesty's Opposition is maybe not a good way to proceed?

So many hours and gawd knows how much money are spent on getting these people to Westminster, feeding and watering them, servicing and staffing their offices, writing up their reports on Hansard, paying their expenses, only to have someone like me (and I'm genuinely interested in politics, unlike most of the population) ask:

1 Do I really care what happens to anyone in this organisation? 
2 These are the most senior people in government so why don't they sort this out?
3 WTF?

Will there now be frantic action to resolve the brexit shambles? Or even a month of peace and quiet while it's all sorted out? I'll leave you to answer that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for having me

Long Covid

Boogaloo